Postgres DBA/Developer - San Francisco (Replaces 2006-11-27 job posting)

From: "Sibley Bacon" <sbacon(at)ncircle(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres DBA/Developer - San Francisco (Replaces 2006-11-27 job posting)
Date: 2006-11-30 18:52:19
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Postgres DBA/Developer Job Description

OVERVIEW
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Postgres DBA/Developer.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide technical expertise and support for nCircle's Postgres backed
network security product line.
* Database design and implementation
* SQL query optimization
* Develop database triggers and functions
* DBMS configuration and tuning
* Backup & recovery
* Document code and report on project deliverables
* Develop upgrade scripts
* Troubleshoot customer reported database issues
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information
Technology or related discipline specializing in DB development
preferred.
* Expert knowledge of Postgres or equivalent DBMS
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of DB scoping,
profiling, scaling and fault tolerant operation
* Proven knowledge and understanding of enterprise scaled servers
and databases
* Experienced with disciplined DBA methodologies including
development and operational considerations
* Experience in software development using Perl, Shell, or other
scripting languages.
CORE COMPETENCIES
* Passionate about enterprise class DB construction, deployment
and operation, openness to learning new ways of thinking and doing
* Consistently learning about trends and features in DB solutions,
able to bring best practices to bear at solving DB and overall
application problems
* Strong commitment to personal excellence and high quality DB
construction and administration standards
* A team player with a *can do* attitude when handling development
requirements and project timelines
* Solution focused and methodical, careful attention to detail
* Solid background using UNIX operating systems - Linux, FreeBSD a
plus

nCircle offers a dynamic yet casual and fun work environment with
corporate offices in the heart of San Francisco (1 block from BART) and
sales offices worldwide. We recognize that our employees are the key to
our future as evidenced by our selection as one of the Greater Bay
Area*s *Best Places to Work* by the San Francisco Business Times. We
offer a unique environment where your ideas are always appreciated and
your contributions make an important difference. Because of this
philosophy, we offer competitive compensation packages, top-notch
benefits as well as stock options to every employee. All of our
employees enjoy the ability to make an immediate impact, learn new
technologies, and partake in a high-energy, vibrant working environment
with extremely accomplished people.

Please send your resume with a detailed cover letter describing your
experiences to careers(at)ncircle(dot)com(dot)