uppercase database name in backup & restore in pgagmin 1.12.2 windows give errors

From: Doug Easterbrook <doug(at)artsman(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: uppercase database name in backup & restore in pgagmin 1.12.2 windows give errors
Date: 2011-01-09 17:13:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

hi there:

I know this is for bug reports, so I'll report the one I've run into on windows. I haven't tried OSX as I normally do command line to backup and restore databases.

platform: windows

pgdmin version 1.12.2

the issue:

if the database name that you create is in mixed case and you try to restore it using right-click restore, the command in the pgadmin window will escape the database name but pg_Restore will not restore it.

If I change the database name to be all lower case and restore, it works (and then I can change it to upper case).

Doug Easterbrook
Arts Management Systems Ltd.
mailto:doug(at)artsman(dot)com
http://www.artsman.com