Re: can someone explain confusing array indexing nomenclature

From: chrisj <chrisj(dot)wood(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: can someone explain confusing array indexing nomenclature
Date: 2007-02-15 16:55:58
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thanks Achilleas,

I see what you are saying, but if we consider just the index "[2]" for a
moment,
it means something different depending upon the context (in one case it
means "2" and in the other case it means "1:2") and the context is
determined by the format of indexes on other dimensions.

I believe I understand....but incredibly confusing.

- chris