RE: UNION in views

From: "Diehl, Jeffrey" <jdiehl(at)sandia(dot)gov>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: UNION in views
Date: 2000-11-17 23:01:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'd actually like to see a view a union. I have a database where I've split
up each day's data into a separate table. I had to do this to keep the
number of records to a usable level. Now, if I want to do a query over the
last several days, I have grief. I have kludged a system together which
rewrites my sql and (attempts to) handle group by, limit and order by
clauses. But I'd like to have a cleaner solution.

Any plans?

Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.
284-3137