Re: I/O increase after upgrading to 8.3.5

From: Alexander Staubo <alex(at)bengler(dot)no>
To: pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: I/O increase after upgrading to 8.3.5
Date: 2009-02-13 16:04:58
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Alexander Staubo <alex(at)bengler(dot)no> wrote:
> The upgrade was done with dump/restore using "pg_dump -Fc". The old
> database lived on a SAN volume, whereas the new database lives on a
> local disk volume.

I need to correct myself: The Munin graphs were never set to track the
SAN volume where the old database lived. So when the graph goes from
"near-zero" to "lots", it's actually correct.

When I compare the correct graph, however, it's apparently that I/O
writes have, on average, doubled.

The new volume uses the same file system and block size as the old one.

Alexander.