Re: Solaris SONAME not matching libraries

From: Mark Round <mark(at)markround(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Solaris SONAME not matching libraries
Date: 2007-05-29 20:56:56
Lists: pgsql-ports
> I think it is minor bug. SONAME is used by linker to setup
> dependencies (NEEDED) in a final binary.

This is the reason that was given to me by a developer - they were
trying to link against one of these libraries, and the linker was
putting the wrong thing in the NEEDED dependency - the value of
SONAME, which referred to a non-existant file. The plpgsql.so file
was just to give an example, like you say there are many more of
these libraries in lib/ .

-Mark