NAN-Values in ECPG-Code

From: René Grün <rgr(at)mbs-software(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: NAN-Values in ECPG-Code
Date: 2007-06-15 13:38:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Greetings,

this is my first post in an newslist, so pleas be patient, if I made some formal mistakes.

I have a Question:

Im writing a program in c using the ecpg-library. How can I insert a float-value like 'NAN' or 'infinity' into a recordset?

( this is only an example ... )

EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
Int paramid;
Float fval;
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

paramid = 5;
fval = 'NAN';

EXEC SQL INSERT INTO test ( paramid, value ) VALUES ( :paramid, :fval );

This is only working for 'normal' values, but not for the special's - NAN and INFINITY...

Can You help me, and tell me how to do it?
I would be very thankful.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Krefeld,
With best regards from Krefeld,

MBS GmbH - Entwicklung
i.A. René Grün

E-Mail: Rene(dot)Gruen(at)mbs-software(dot)de

Visit us in the world wide web:
Besuchen Sie uns im Internet:
http://www.mbs-software.de

--

MBS Gesellschaft für Entwicklung und
Handel von Software und Investitionsgütern mbH Römerstraße 15, D-47809 Krefeld