Re: Full GUID support

From: David E(dot) Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Full GUID support
Date: 2011-07-13 02:39:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jul 12, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> I'm okay with this, though given the fact that ftp.ossp.org has been down for *months*, I'm inclined to think that we ought to include it in the contrib distribution for easy linking.
>
> What license is it under?

COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE

Copyright (c) 2004-2008 Ralf S. Engelschall <rse(at)engelschall(dot)com>
Copyright (c) 2004-2008 The OSSP Project <http://www.ossp.org/>

This file is part of OSSP uuid, a library for the generation
of UUIDs which can found at http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for
any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that
the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all
copies.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS AND COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND THEIR
CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF
USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT
OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
SUCH DAMAGE.