Strange anoncvs sync behavior

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Strange anoncvs sync behavior
Date: 2007-10-27 05:59:04
Lists: pgsql-www

Over an hour ago, Marc applied a "cvs tag" operation to the master CVS
repository. I saw it immediately in local "cvs log" queries, but it
didn't propagate to anoncvs AFAICS, because the cvsweb server never
showed it. After I applied a post-tag commit
(src/backend/optimizer/path/pathkeys.c a few minutes ago), the BETA2
tag showed up in cvsweb almost immediately.

This might have been some weird timing glitch, but what it looked like
to me was that the anoncvs update trigger doesn't recognize tag
operations. Is that accurate? Is it fixable?