Re: JDBC driver and java strings

From: "Chuck Davis" <cjgunzel(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC driver and java strings
Date: 2006-05-16 18:57:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi Kris:

PreparesStatement.setString() is exactly what I am doing and any
string with an apostrophe throws a syntax exception.  I'm very glad to
hear this is supposed to work.

Pseudo code for what I am doing

on client
String s = JTextfield.getText();
DataObject.setString(s);
send to server
on server
PreparedStatement.setString(1, DataObject.getString());
PreparedStatement.execute();

I'm using postgres 8.1.3 with development driver for 8.2 since I was
having problem with driver version 405.  Upgrade to JDBC driver did
not help.

Thanks for your response.

Chuck