Re: JDBC driver and java strings

From: "Chuck Davis" <cjgunzel(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC driver and java strings
Date: 2006-05-16 18:41:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Does anybody know if there is a plan to make the driver handle java
strings appropriately? I have hit a showstopper. If I enter data in
a JTextfield with an apostrophe the driver chokes with a syntax error.
I don't know how IBM does it but their JDBC driver handles
apostrophes without a problem. DB2 has been my main database but I'm
evaluating Postgresql on Linux. I can't ask my users to avoid
entering data with an apostrophe and I'm too lazy to program around it
since I know it can be done otherwise once and for all.

I looked in the archives for this year but I didn't see any mention of
the problem.

Chuck Davis