Re: PG7.4 / psqlodbc / log_duration=true & client_min_messages=log / Can't connect

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: tim <twknowles(at)uklinux(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG7.4 / psqlodbc / log_duration=true & client_min_messages=log / Can't connect
Date: 2003-12-17 18:22:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

tim <twknowles(at)uklinux(dot)net> writes:
> I've found a minor bug whilst using psqlodbc to connect to PostgreSQL. I have
> found that if you set in postgresql.conf:

> client_min_messages=log
> log_duration=true

> you are unable to connect to any db using the psqlodbc driver.

Hm. This sounds like psqlodbc is unprepared to handle a NOTICE message
arriving during its startup; which if true would imply other corner-case
bugs besides this one.

I am not sure if any of the pgsql ODBC guys pay close attention to
pgsql-bugs. If you don't get any useful help, try reposting on the
pgsql-odbc list.