Re: pgsql: Add relation fork support to pg_relation_size() function.

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: heikki(at)postgresql(dot)org (Heikki Linnakangas)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add relation fork support to pg_relation_size() function.
Date: 2008-10-03 09:31:07
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Hm, I wonder if we should have made the forks use a fork "name" instead of a
number. It sure would be nicer to have files name 12345.fsm instead of another
opaque number.

The other reason I thought of this is that if EDB or anyone else uses forks
for a private purpose then it would avoid the whole issue of conflicts. The
best option right now would be to set aside a range of values for private
purposes.

--
Gregory Stark