Re: memcached and PostgreSQL

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Michael Adler <adler(at)pobox(dot)com>
Subject: Re: memcached and PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-11-17 08:08:20
Lists: pgsql-performance

> So memcached becomes a very good place to stick data that's read often but not
> updated often, or alternately data that changes often but is disposable.   An
> example of the former is a user+ACL list; and example of the latter is web
> session information ... or simple materialized views.

I would like very much to use something like memcached for a materialized view
I have. The problem is that I have to join it against other tables.

I've thought about providing a SRF in postgres to read records out of
memcached but I'm unclear it would it really help at all.

Has anyone tried anything like this?

--
greg