Re: BUG #2608: dblink compile fails on AIX 5.3

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2608: dblink compile fails on AIX 5.3
Date: 2006-09-11 01:08:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Quoth tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us (Tom Lane):
> I wrote:
>> Done, but it's really pretty ugly.  I am thinking it'd make more sense
>> for Makefile.global to define a macro for the libraries libpq depends
>> on ...
>
> I went ahead and did this as per discussion here:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-08/msg00200.php
>
> Please see if I managed to break AIX ;-).  It'd be a good idea to
> compile with every configure option you can find turned on.

A run on buildfarm member "grebe" just completed successfully, now
with openssl support, so I gotta say "thumbs up!"

I don't have gettext libraries installed, so that won't get tested
right away.  SSL is an addition I'd quite like.  The list of "nice to
try" would be gettext, ldap, Kerberos; I don't think I can promise all
those during this particular cycle, but I'd certainly be keen on
adding them, ultimately.

I also just verified that readline is playing well, too.  Sweet!
(The difficulties of AIX + readline were the initiator of a fair bit
of change to linking of libs and such, so it's particularly pleasing
that this is working fine :-))
--
"cbbrowne","@","gmail.com"
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/emacs.html