Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement
Date: 2010-06-18 19:20:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com (Josh Berkus) writes:
> Here's the beginning of drafting the release announcement. Note that
> the lists of features will change after I get the results of the
> survey, but I didn't have in mind to change the basic format.
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/90ReleaseDraft
>
> In general, I don't feel a need for a lot of hyperbole. I think the
> huge number of major features speak for themselves. So I'd rather
> focus on features and quotes.
>
> Feedback by the marketing geeks (Rob, Sean?) especially wanted.

I did a little bit of rewording, and added in (for convenience),
linkage to the release notes. (It's handy for anyone reading the
announcement!)

I don't see any features that are in the release notes that seem like
they strongly need to be added. The ones that seem plausible, but
just a bit too marginal for the announcement, to me:

- deferrable unique constraints
- VACUUM FULL improvements
- binary upgrade
--