Re: Linuxworld Toronto, April 30 - May 2

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linuxworld Toronto, April 30 - May 2
Date: 2007-01-24 20:14:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, dan(at)langille(dot)org ("Dan Langille") transmitted:
> On 21 Jan 2007 at 15:01, Chris Browne wrote:
>> robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca (Robert Bernier) writes:
>> > Is anybody planning to attend this and set up a booth?
>> >

>> I have involvement with the local LUG booth.  I don't have a
>> particular "PostgreSQL hat" on in that context.
>> It would be a nice thing to have *something* PostgreSQL-relevant
>> 'deployed' there.
>> I'm not sure a booth is the right answer; the rules associated with
>> having a free booth are somewhat restrictive.  If you have a free
>> booth, you're there to promote some form of user group, and it's
>> verboten to try to sell commercial services to passers-by.
>> And it's probably rather late to be *starting* to negotiate a booth...
>> It seems to me that having a PostgreSQL talk would probably be more
>> useful.  But it's months too late; the due date, for that, was
>> November 4, 2005...
> Noted.  If someone asks, we might just get it.  The worst that can
> happen is a refusal.  No harm.  No foul.

It loooks like neither a speaker nor a booth will happen.

If we have some suitable brochure that could be given out, *that*
could certainly go to a LUG booth.

My ideal would be something that fits on a doublesided sheet of
8.5x11" paper...

I was just looking at the list of items in the PR project...

The "lisa_06.pdf" file looks somewhat suitable, as does the 8 page
LISA_copious_final.pdf... is
pretty neat.

There is supposedly something here; I can't access it...
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','').
One good turn gets most of the blankets.