Rounding of floating point in text dumps?

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Rounding of floating point in text dumps?
Date: 2008-09-26 22:20:25
Lists: pgsql-general

A question came up on the Slony-I list (quite a while ago, but that's
another story!) as to the handling of floating point values.

The user is concerned about whether FP values are faithfully
replicated. I commented that the issue will be identical to that of
the handling of data in pg_dump; if Slony-I creates differences by
rounding things, so also would pg_dump.

In the interests of personal laziness ;-), I'll throw the question to
this list: how may we expect the imprecisions of FP affect text-based
database dumps, if at all?
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxfinances.info/info/oses.html