Re: inserting to a multi-table view

From: Seb <spluque(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inserting to a multi-table view
Date: 2008-09-29 04:57:51
Lists: pgsql-general
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 21:43:49 -0700,
"Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

[...]

> Well, I was able to get PostgreSQL Update-able views to work nearly as
> well as the update-able queries did in Access.

Would you mind sharing a sample schema?

> As a side note, you'll notice that MS-Access will not allow
> update-able queries based on ODBC linked table like it does on its
> native tables for this reason.

That's right, I did find that out once but didn't know whether it was
due to ODBC limitations or something else.

> Natural Primary key/Foreign key CASCADE UPDATEs don't work well with
> update-able views.  Choose one or the other.

Not sure what you mean; can you please tell more about what doesn't work
well with updateable views what the choice is?

Thanks for the feedback,

--
Seb