Re: Commitfest infrastructure

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Commitfest infrastructure
Date: 2009-01-29 11:08:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I thought reviewboard looked pretty good for code quality patch review. It
would be cool if someone could write a mail filter which automatically added
any patches posted to the list to reviewboard.

Incidentally one issue with reviewboard/patchwork/whatever is that they tend
to encourage the review to do a line-by-line review of the code itself rather
than the overall architecture. That's fine for the kind of code-quality
reviews some authors (like myself I admit :( ) need sometimes. And it would
make it easier to do hit-and-run comments when you see minor issues not worth
pestering authors about on-list. But I don't think it really helps with the
hard reviews.

But that's just a cute tool for one particular part of the work. I don't think
it addresses workflow management like RT or debbugs (or trac?) would.

--
Gregory Stark