Re: postgresql.conf archive_command example

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql.conf archive_command example
Date: 2011-09-02 08:01:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers
>> I'm also wondering if providing some shell script examples of a
>> fault-tolerant script to handle archiving would be useful.
>
> I think it would.

My usual advice is to avoid having to write one if possible, because
it's more complex than it looks.  What about recommending existing
solutions, such as walmgr from Skytools?

Even better, what about including a default archiving tool, that could
be either another script in bin/ or rather an internal command.  The
default would accept a location as argument, for simple needs you mount
a remote filesystem and there you go.  If you need something more
complex, you still can provide it yourself.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine