Re: [HACKERS] Mhonarc for the docs list

From: Hal Snyder <hal(at)enteract(dot)com>
To: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Mhonarc for the docs list
Date: 1998-12-23 16:39:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:

> Can we *really* fix up the docs list, or kill it? People ask what list
> they should be posting on for docs questions, and I'm not sure what
> answer I should give them. Without it being archived, it means that
> there is no searchable list of answers to questions, so I've been
> recommending using the hackers list instead.

I have a pretty good feel for which HTML files need revision - need
Marc to fix or turn me loose on several points of breakage in the
archiving scripts. [nudges Marc, who has understandably been busy with
other things lately]

> Heck, on the web page it isn't even listed anymore afaik.
>
> btw, the web pages are looking great. A couple of small things:
>
> The
> Info Central->Searchable Mailing List:PostgreSQL.org
> page may have some formatting problems in that all the available lists
> are written across the top of my browser as one line.

Gak. Will look at it ASAP.

> Also, the mhonarc thread listings are showing a line
> BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFDEC">
> at the top of each page.

Known breakage in archiving scripts. See above.

> I'm running Netscape-4.07, which is fairly recent...

Plan is to change the look of the site gradually to make it hang
together better and put most frequently accessed info toward the top
of the site tree. I've been phasing out .shtml and phasing in CSS.

Thanks for the feedback on the web site.