Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Date: 2010-03-24 15:41:05
Lists: pgsql-performance

reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu ("Ross J. Reedstrom") writes:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Support

That's a pretty hostile presentation...

The page has had two states:

a) In 2008, someone wrote up...

After some bad experiences with MySQL (data loss by commercial power
failure, very bad performance deleting old records and more) I would
prefer to have a MythTV Application option to use PostgreSQL. I
never saw such bad database behaviour at any other RDBMS than MySQL.

I'm ready to contribute at any activity going that direction (I'm
developer for commercial database applications).

b) Deleted by GBee in 2009, indicating "(Outdated, messy and
unsupported)"
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/spreadsheets.html