Re: [Hackers]Backend quey plan process

From: "Jaime Casanova" <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: HuangQi <huangqiyx(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Hackers]Backend quey plan process
Date: 2011-06-28 04:53:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

HuangQi <huangqiyx(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

> Hi,
>      I've been tracing the data structure in the query plan process for a while. But then I found the data structure manipulation is really so confusing.
> Could some guy tell me where could I find any guide on how to figure out the process and data structure usage? Is there any good resource helping us read
> the code?

maybe you can read:
http://www.pgcon.org/2011/schedule/events/350.en.html, it's still a
mistery for me but this seems more clear than read the code... after
read this, read the README's in the code... read the code :)

>      BTW, which email system are you using to send to postgres mailing list? As you can keep the top-answering and maintain the title of your email with
> [hackers] in front, my gmail can not help on that. For this email, I just add by hand.
>     Thank you a lot for your help.

i used gmail until a couple of weeks ago and never had problems... (well
i'm still using it at least as a mail server, i just changed the
interface a access from)

--
Jaime Casanova www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL