Re: TCL API

From: davidw(at)linuxcare(dot)com (David N(dot) Welton)
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TCL API
Date: 2000-10-11 18:07:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> davidw(at)linuxcare(dot)com (David N. Welton) writes:
> >> So... how is the old Tcl API getting along? Anyone going to do a
> >> rewrite for 8.something-modern?

> > Ok, let's rephrase this - does anyone mind if *I* hack on it some? Is
> > it likely someone will have time to review my changes and commit them?

> Go for it! I don't think the tcl code has anyone particularly
> caring for it at the moment. If you want to step up and fill the
> gap, more power to you.

Ok, I will try to do what I can. I don't have a whole lot of time,
though.

> If you're thinking of API changes as opposed to just bug fixes, I'd
> suggest posting proposals on pginterfaces before you go too far with
> implementation.

Ok, for starters, here is a patch which implements a basic move to the
Obj API. I intend to start delving deeper, so I wanted to post this
before I break anything;-)

Attachment Content-Type Size
firstpatch.diff application/octet-stream 27.9 KB