Re: jaguar is up

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr>, "pgsql-hackers list" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jaguar is up
Date: 2007-11-29 00:29:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I didn't do anything about it at the time, but now I am tempted to
> modify LookupOpclassInfo() so that CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS disables
> its internal cache.  Any objections?

That sounds not equivalent to receiving a relcache flush at any particular
point in time where a relcache flush could be received. Wouldn't it make more
sense (and test more code) to go ahead and cache all the same data but flush
it whenever a relcache flush could possibly be received?

--
  Gregory Stark