Re: off-topic: SPAM

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: off-topic: SPAM
Date: 2008-04-25 05:09:26
Lists: pgsql-performance pgsql-www

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:

> But, as I've said, if someone wants to write a good, well worded email, I have
> no problem with doing a quick for loop to send out one message per user, maybe
> with a counter in the subject line, and see what bounces back for those .br
> addresses *shrug*

As I said I was just going to send "Test message, please ignore" or something
like that.

Note that you need to put the individual subscriber in the To header. The
worst problem with this amazingly brain-dead spam filter is that it doesn't
give you back any other info about the original email aside from the From
header and the To header.

--
Gregory Stark