Re: Change config of running PGSQL

From: Doug McNaught <doug(at)mcnaught(dot)org>
To: "McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <MarMcDouga(at)gov(dot)mb(dot)ca>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Change config of running PGSQL
Date: 2004-08-31 20:24:01
Lists: pgsql-general
"McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <MarMcDouga(at)gov(dot)mb(dot)ca> writes:

> I made sure that readline was indeed installed to no avail.  The configure
> still does not see the libs.  Any ideas?

You don't say what system you're on, but most Linux distributions
split library packages like readline into 'runtime' and 'devel'
packages.  You need the latter in order to compile software that ses
the library.  On HedHat/Fedora, it would be called 'readline-devel' or
some such.

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863