Re: StarOffice5.2+psqlODBC+PostgreSQL-7.1.1

From: Jorge Santos <jsf(at)dep3(dot)fciencias(dot)unam(dot)mx>
To: Ramiro Alba <ramiro(at)labtie(dot)mmt(dot)upc(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: StarOffice5.2+psqlODBC+PostgreSQL-7.1.1
Date: 2001-05-21 23:04:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Ramiro Alba <ramiro(at)labtie(dot)mmt(dot)upc(dot)es> writes:

> Hello everybody:
>
> I am trying to use a PostgreSQL -7.1.1 database through psqlODBC with NO
> SUCCESS (I mean I can not connect to the database). Has anyone manage to
> do it?. Do I need iodbc at all? I am knowadays using unixODBC-2.0.6 but
> I have problems with no integer numbers (numeric, decimal, float..),
> otherwise it seems to work fine. I create tables using psql interface
> not the StarOffice tool.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thans in advance

I have been trying to get the same configuration (only PostgreSQL 7.1)
going for a while now, I have tried both unixODBC and iodbc, both have
failed, unixODBC has its own PostgreSQL ODBC driver libodbcpsql.so.
With iodbc i have been (trying) to use the driver from PostgreSQL
(libpsqlodbc.so), with the unixODBC driver I can't get the tables in
the DataManager, however I can make queries alright, and with the
iodbc driver I get the following error when using the testodbc sample
program that comes with the sources:

[iODBC][Driver Manager]Dialog failed, SQLSTATE=IM008

I'm using a Debian (testing) distribution.

Have you (or anyone else reading this) had any luck whatsoever getting
this thing in place?

Does anyone else knows what might be the problem?

TIA

jorge santos