Re: Build farm failure

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL-development Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Build farm failure
Date: 2007-10-02 01:43:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers
"Gregory Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:

> dugong (icc on ia64) has been failing the contrib installcheck consistently
> since 6 days ago with errors like:
>
> ERROR:  could not fsync segment 0 of relation 1663/40960/41403: No such file or directory
>
> I checked a cvs diff between the two timestamps and that's precisely when the
> self-adjusting bgwriter changes went in which knocked around bgwriter's
> checkpoint logic quite a bit so it seems likely this is a real bug.

Of course moments after I sent that it finally occurred to me to look further
back in dugong's history and its previous failing periods were with exactly
the same errors. So the bgwriter changes are off the hook.

And given the consistency and the fact that the other icc machines didn't show
the same problems it sounds like it's something about that machine, not a
software problem.

--
  Gregory Stark