Re: answer my question, please!!!

From: chris <cbbrowne(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: answer my question, please!!!
Date: 2008-07-18 19:48:06
Lists: pgsql-admin
riakdr(at)gmail(dot)com ("ria ulfa") writes:
> i want to copy table from file with command:
>      COPY log FROM '/tmp/logfile.txt';
> but there is error:
>      ERROR: could not open file "/tmp/logfile.txt" for reading: Permission denied
> what can i do for repair this error??
> thanks for the answer..

It's worth observing that the louder the demands are in the subject
line, the less likely that people are to *want* to volunteer
assistance.

The problem here is that COPY accesses data as whatever Unix user is
running the database, typically "postgres" or "pgsql".

Presumably that user hasn't rights to access the file
"/tmp/logfile.txt".  Perhaps that needs to be changed.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'linuxfinances.info';
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lsf.html