Re: answer my question, please!!!

From: chris <cbbrowne(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: answer my question, please!!!
Date: 2008-07-18 19:48:06
Lists: pgsql-admin
riakdr(at)gmail(dot)com ("ria ulfa") writes:
> i want to copy table from file with command:
>      COPY log FROM '/tmp/logfile.txt';
> but there is error:
>      ERROR: could not open file "/tmp/logfile.txt" for reading: Permission denied
> what can i do for repair this error??
> thanks for the answer..

It's worth observing that the louder the demands are in the subject
line, the less likely that people are to *want* to volunteer

The problem here is that COPY accesses data as whatever Unix user is
running the database, typically "postgres" or "pgsql".

Presumably that user hasn't rights to access the file
"/tmp/logfile.txt".  Perhaps that needs to be changed.
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || '';
Rules  of the  Evil Overlord  #145. "My  dungeon cell  decor  will not
feature exposed pipes.  While they add to the  gloomy atmosphere, they
are good  conductors of vibrations and  a lot of  prisoners know Morse
code." <>