Re: Pet Peeves?

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pet Peeves?
Date: 2009-01-29 20:25:07
Lists: pgsql-general
Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com> writes:

> 6. Where's my CPAN equivalent? Postgresql is extensible, but it's hard  to find
> the extension you need, and often harder than it should be to  install.

FWIW our CPAN equivalent is pgfoundry. I don't think we quite have the
critical mass yet that Perl has to really make it a big success though.

Making modules more, uh, modular, so they can be installed and uninstalled
smoothly and preferably without special access privileges is a recognized
issue though.

--
  Gregory Stark