Re: Wanted: new project slogan

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date: 2010-01-26 11:01:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> However, I think for 9.0 it's time for a new project slogan.

  The Professional Database Solution

I'm failing to find an English phrase (or single world) to express that
PostgreSQL is offering way more than just data storage. Like a protocol,
an extensible system (types, operator classes, indexes, user functions),
a development system, etc.

So in lots of cases where you need 3-tier architecture, the middleware
part can be (and more often than not, is best) implemented inside
PostgreSQL.

Regards,
--
dim