Re: Wanted: new project slogan

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date: 2010-01-26 21:15:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com (Josh Berkus) writes:
> Greg,
>
>> I'd think
>> that a blog posting from someone interested in collecting slogan ideas
>> would be a better way to collect up initial brainstorming ideas from the
>> community at large, rather than this list which isn't that well
>> populated really.
>
> If coming up with a new slogan isn't the business of the -advocacy list,
> what is?  It's certainly more central to the list than a discussion
> about the Oracle-Sun acquisition.
>
> And I *especially* want to hear from the business types about what they
> would consider a good slogan.
>
> --Josh Berkus

Peter Eisentraut blogged something about this with some suggestion of
moniker containing the word "universal," which seems attractive to me...

Once upon a time, Informix renamed (at a time when there were some
commonalities in the original provenance of our respective code bases,
since at one time, Postgres begat Illustra...) to "Informix UDB",
suggesting some "universality" of their implementation.

I think we have more "universalness" than they did then ;-).
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/slony.html