Re: pg_service.conf ?

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_service.conf ?
Date: 2006-03-14 03:57:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
david(at)fetter(dot)org (David Fetter) wrote:
> Folks,
>
> It doesn't appear that the JDBC driver knows about pg_service.conf.
> If that's so, would it be a big challenge to add that feature?
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints, tips, pointers, &c. :)

Yeah, that would be a pretty slick thing.

We're starting to look at this; using it initially so DBA accounts
only need one PG value set to get psql to work.

It's *tempting* to use pg_service.conf to control Slony-I.  There's a
fragility to it in that pg_service.conf has to be kept consistent on
all the relevant servers, although that would normally be just one
server per site...

.pgpass support is under way, right?  That's better than
pg_service.conf :-).
--
"cbbrowne","@","gmail.com"
http://linuxfinances.info/info/finances.html