Postgresql 7.1 + unixODBC 2.0.5 + StarOffice 5.2

From: Jorge Santos <jsf(at)dep3(dot)fciencias(dot)unam(dot)mx>
To: Postgresql ODBC <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, debian-user(at)lists(dot)debian(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql 7.1 + unixODBC 2.0.5 + StarOffice 5.2
Date: 2001-05-18 20:50:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello,

I have installed all the above (see subject) software and whenever I
try to see the tables in a database with DataManager (a program
supplied alongside unixODBC), th program just won't show any tables.
The same problem happens with StarOffice.  I know the driver manager
and database driver are working because I can perform queries through
DataManager or isql (the command line interface to ODBC provided with
unixODBC), the problem is I think StarOffice will need to see the
tables in order to let me get the information I requiere from the
database.

Any ideas why this might be happening.  My .odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini
follow:

.odbc.ini:

[dep-2001-1]
Description		= Base de datos dep-2001-1
Driver		= PostgreSQL
Trace		= Yes
Database		= dep-2001-1
Servername		= localhost
UserName		= dep
Password		=
Port		= 5432
Protocol		= 6.4
ReadOnly		= No
RowVersioning		= No
ShowSystemTables		= No
ShowOidColumn		= No
FakeOidIndex		= No
ConnSettings		=

[test]
Description		= PostgreSQL
Driver		= PostgreSQL
Trace		= Yes
Database		= template1
Servername		= localhost
UserName		= postgres
Password		=
Port		= 5432
Protocol		= 6.4
ReadOnly		= No
RowVersioning		= No
ShowSystemTables		= No
ShowOidColumn		= No
FakeOidIndex		= No
ConnSettings		=

[kk]
Description		= Base de datos jsf (tabla kk)
Driver		= PostgreSQL
Trace		= Yes
TraceFile		=
Database		= jsf
Servername		= localhost
UserName		= jsf
Password		=
Port		= 5432
Protocol		= 6.4
ReadOnly		= No
RowVersioning		= No
ShowSystemTables		= Yes
ShowOidColumn		= No
FakeOidIndex		= No
ConnSettings		=

.odbcinst.ini:

[ODBC]
Trace		= Yes
Trace File		= /tmp/sql.log
Pooling		= No

[PostgreSQL]
Description	= ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver		= /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so.1
Setup		= /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so.1
FileUsage		= 1

As you can see I have Trace turned on but I haven't been able to make
much sense of its contens, if it might be worthed, tell me and I'll
mail it.

thanks

jorge santos

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: rootDate: 2001-05-19 15:44:17