Re: reply to setting

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon(at)thenilgiris(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reply to setting
Date: 2004-08-22 19:58:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

> This is very true. In fact, I get mildly annoyed when people *don't* include
> the direct reply to me, because I very actively filter/redirect my mail.
> Replies directly to me are pretty much guaranteed to be seen quickly, but the
> ones that go to the list might get lost among the hundreds of posts that go
> into my "postgres" inbox every day. I think many other people do something
> similar.

Just as a side comment, one trick I found very helpful in my mail filters is
to treat any message with one of my message-ids in the references as a
personal message as far as mail notifications. This way I get notifications
for any message on a thread following a post of my own.

This is easy in Gnus since the message id has the sending hostname and also
the first few characters has a base64 encoded copy of the unix userid. You
would have to figure out how to recognize message-ids from your MUA.

--
greg