Re: bug fix request

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bug fix request
Date: 2004-11-29 16:34:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Disable tab completion, or don't paste tabs.  I don't think psql can be
> expected to recognize that a tab is coming from pasted input.

Hm, this also bother me all the time. It doesn't sound like it would be very
hard to detect pasted tabs actually. Two options come to mind:

. If there's any input available it's probably not a typed tab since typists
  usually can't type fast enough to out type the terminal emulator, and even
  if they could typing tab for command completion and then going ahead and
  typing the next character immediately would reasonably cancel the tab
  completion.

. Pasted tabs are normally at the start of a line for indentation. Simply
  ignoring tab completion after white-space, ie, unbounded tab completion on
  an empty token, would eliminate 99.9% of the problem.

--
greg