Re: Configurable Additional Stats

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Configurable Additional Stats
Date: 2007-06-29 17:46:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
>> if (stats_hook)
>> (* stats_hook)(pgStatTabList);
>
>> Any objections to sliding this in?
>
> Only that it's useless. What are you going to do in such a hook?

Simon left for camping before you sent this. My understanding is he wants to
gather the data elsewhere. So either he'll just elog when it and grovel the
logs or send it via some other method. Alternatively he could aggregate the
data himself and save it in a file kind of gprof-style.

--
Gregory Stark