Re: SVN and Postgres 8.3

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SVN and Postgres 8.3
Date: 2009-07-30 15:45:19
Lists: pgsql-general

phoenix(dot)kiula(at)gmail(dot)com (Phoenix Kiula) writes:
> My question: how can I use PostgreSQL 8.3 and SVN on the same server?
> Has someone figured out how to fix this situation? I'm on CentOS 5 x64
> bit.

RPM has a "--replacefiles" option which might either help or hurt...

I think there's a fair chance that the CentOS folk mayn't be in a
position to do anything to help, as they are mostly deriving things
from what Red Hat produces, and it is quite likely to be a non-option
to deviate.

What you may need to do instead is to either:

a) Find 8.3 packages that are independent enough in their
installation that they won't conflict with the existing 8.1
packages built into CentOS, or

b) Build 8.3 from source, and run your DB server from that, using the
8.1 packages solely for handling libraries and interactions with
other things (SVN, scripting languages like Perl/Python/...).
--
"cbbrowne","@","linuxfinances.info"
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/rdbms.html