Re: ODBD and unixODBC

From: Friedrich Dominicus <frido(at)q-software-solutions(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBD and unixODBC
Date: 2000-11-15 12:34:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Max Khon <fjoe(at)iclub(dot)nsu(dot)ru> writes:

> hi, there!
>
> On 15 Nov 2000, Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
>
> > > we use driver that comes with unixODBC
> > > no compilation switches for postgres are required

> > > which error messages do you get?
> > and obvious one I guess ;-)
> >
> > ./isql -v p_test frido
> > [unixODBC]Could not connect to the server;
> > Could not connect to remote socket.
> > [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
> do you have enabled network connections in your pg_hba.conf

No which I obviously have to. This seems to be a very trivial error
and I wonder if this isn't covered in the FAQ. If yes, I'm quite sorry
to not have read it properly; if not I suggest adding it to the FAQ

Thanks for pointing me to the solution.

Regards
Friedrich

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: George KorasDate: 2000-11-15 13:25:31