Re: Streaming replication, retrying from archive

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming replication, retrying from archive
Date: 2010-01-14 16:06:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> If we don't fix that within the server, we will need to document that
> caveat and every installation will need to work around that one way or
> another. Maybe with some monitoring software and an automatic restart. Ugh.
> I wasn't really asking if it's possible to fix, I meant "Let's think
> about *how* to fix that".

Did I mention my viewpoint on that already?

It could well be I'm talking about things that have no relation at all
to what is in the patch currently, and that make no sense for where we
want the patch to go. But I'd like to know about that so that I'm not
banging my head on the nearest wall each time the topic surfaces.