Re: pgadmin as main postgresql GUI interface

From: Seb <spluque(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin as main postgresql GUI interface
Date: 2007-02-22 17:01:58
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:49:59 -0700,
Dan Harris <fbsd(at)drivefaster(dot)net> wrote:

[...]

> If you're used to MS Access, why not use it?  Just set up an ODBC source
> to point to Postgres and use Access like you would with any other
> database.

I moved away from that malicious software (fortunately) and, as I said,
I'm in Debian testing (AMD64) now.  But apparently it's possible to do the
same thing you suggest with Openoffice.org.  This is not going smoothly
though, as the openoffice.org crashes before I visit the "tables" section
of their GUI.  I'm sure my odbc setup is correct, as I can connect to a
postgresql database using the tools available in unixodbc.  Another tool I
tried is rekall (available as Debian package also), but it's also crashing
and doesn't provide the flexibility that Openoffice.org offers.  What
gives?

--
Seb