Re: Java .pgpass reader

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Java .pgpass reader
Date: 2010-06-16 19:45:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
slangley(at)scharp(dot)org (Scott Langley) writes:
> Did anyone ever implement code in Java to read Postgres configuration
> information from a user's .pgpass file - or a more general
> pg_service.conf - as discussed in this thread back in 2006?

We've done this; it turned out to be something to do not at the level
of an individual connection, but rather in a connection pool
implementation.

That turns out to be not so useful as a "general" solution that would
be included in the JDBC driver :-(.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'cbbrowne.com';
http://cbbrowne.com/info/internet.html