Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?
Date: 2006-05-01 01:11:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Oops! tonylausin(at)gmail(dot)com ("Tony Lausin") was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> Ahh. I see the point more clearly now. Perhaps the best strategy for
> me is to press on with Postgres until the project is at a profitable
> enough stage to merit a migration to Oracle - should Postgres become
> an issue. I feel more confident about being able to migrate from
> Postgres than from MySQL. I am financing this myself. hence the
> apprehension about the cost. Is there another contender I should think
> about.

The other plausible option as a "possibly inexpensive" alternative to
PostgreSQL or MySQL(tm) is Firebird, which used to be Borland
Interbase...

They lost a couple of developers to MySQL AB, which may present some
problems, eventually...
--
output = reverse("ofni.secnanifxunil" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/wp.html