Re: viewing source code

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Roberts\, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: viewing source code
Date: 2007-12-23 07:18:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers
"Roberts, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com> writes:

> Major Feature 3: Users will build their own functions to manipulate their
> own data and share the output with their department.  PostgreSQL security
> currently does not secure the functions they write so the feature is not
> fully met.

Incidentally, are you really wedded to pl/pgsql functions?

It seems like it would be far more powerful to allow them to build up a
library of perl or python or whatever and put them in files in a blessed
directory. Then you could have a few standard functions which they could use
to call functions from those libraries.

--
  Gregory Stark