Re: Parallel queries for a web-application |performance testing

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Balkrishna Sharma <b_ki(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel queries for a web-application |performance testing
Date: 2010-06-17 08:59:57
Lists: pgsql-performance
Balkrishna Sharma <b_ki(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> I will have a web application having postgres 8.4+ as backend. At any given time, there will be max of 1000 parallel web-users interacting with the database (read/write)
> I wish to do performance testing of 1000 simultaneous read/write to
> the database.

See about tsung, and either benckmarck only the PostgreSQL side of
things, or at the HTTP side of things directly : that will run your
application code against PostgreSQL.

  http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/

And as Kevin said, consider using a connection pool, such as
pgbouncer. Once you have setup the benchmark with Tsung, adding
pgbouncer and comparing the results will be easy.

Regards,
--
dim