Re: TODO item -- Improve psql's handling of multi-line queries

From: Andreas Seltenreich <andreas+pg(at)gate450(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Sergey E(dot) Koposov" <math(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)ru>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO item -- Improve psql's handling of multi-line queries
Date: 2005-12-02 13:59:30
Lists: pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian writes:

> Where are we on this patch? Was it submitted? Applied? Just an
> idea?

| This has been saved for the 8.2 release:
|
| http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches_hold

I tested it with 8.1RC1 and noticed the inconsistency with the \edit
command. I guess one would at least need to change do_edit to modify
the newly introduced history_buffer instead of the history itself.

But I'm not sure why there is a need for a history_buffer at all,
couldn't one use the query_buffer instead? (Sergey?)

regards,
Andreas