Re: psql is very slow

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql is very slow
Date: 2006-02-25 03:38:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Oops! michal(dot)merta(at)gmail(dot)com ("Michal Merta") was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> I have a psql 7.3.4, apache 2.0.40, perl  v5.8.0. Database is pretty
> big, (dump is about 100Megs).
>
> But all the operations are very, very slow.
>
> Is any possibility to make postgresql more quick? (don't tell me to
> cut the database :))

Well, have you read the manual to follow the maintenance directions
that are recommended?

You're running a rather old version; 7.3 was neat enough stuff a
couple of years ago, but there have been several substantially
improved major versions since then. An upgrade would seem wise.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/slony.html