Re: Adding new columns - bug

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Michael Andreasen" <michael(at)dunlops(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding new columns - bug
Date: 2008-02-11 15:54:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"Michael Andreasen" <michael(at)dunlops(dot)com> writes:

> There is nothing sepcial about the product table other than it has a couple
> of trigger rules to post to other tables on updates of some fields (audit
> log), nothing to cause this behavior. I have only noticed this happening of
> this table, so I am guessing it's related to it having rules, since it's one
> of the few that does.

Perhaps you should post the triggers or rules you have on this table.

SQL generally expands things like "select *" when you define things so it may
well have stored a definition which is out of date and causes this problem.
8.3 may actually fix it for you because if they're plpgsql functions then they
will replan any cached query plans.

--
  Gregory Stark