Re: Adding new columns - bug

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Michael Andreasen" <michael(at)dunlops(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding new columns - bug
Date: 2008-02-11 15:54:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"Michael Andreasen" <michael(at)dunlops(dot)com> writes:

> There is nothing sepcial about the product table other than it has a couple
> of trigger rules to post to other tables on updates of some fields (audit
> log), nothing to cause this behavior. I have only noticed this happening of
> this table, so I am guessing it's related to it having rules, since it's one
> of the few that does.

Perhaps you should post the triggers or rules you have on this table.

SQL generally expands things like "select *" when you define things so it may
well have stored a definition which is out of date and causes this problem.
8.3 may actually fix it for you because if they're plpgsql functions then they
will replan any cached query plans.

  Gregory Stark